It’s like stepping back in time when I visit Villa Woodbine in Miami, FL. I feel this overwhelming tranquility being surrounded by such beauty. Reminds me of some of the historical government mansions I saw when I visited Havana, Cuba, back in 2013. Cuban design influences nearly every inch of this 1930s property, according to a source. The arches are very Mediterranean-Renaissance style. The home has an open air-layout with lush greenery all around.
So just imagine how excited I was to know that the next SSAA would be in Villa Woodbine. The glamorous wedding day design thoughtfully planned by Alexia Woolum & Heather Benge. Bright fuchsia and coral flowers were the perfect pop of color for this venue and the culture it’s inspired by.
We personally got to meet the current owner, Bill Hansen. I wish we had more time to pick his brain and have a longer chat with him. Maybe next time.
Most importantly, I want to thank all the talented vendors that made this collaboration possible. It’s been an honor to photograph your work and this could not have been possible without you!
- Host: @styledshootsacrossamerica
- Concept & Planning: @heatherbengeofficial @Alexia.woolum
- Venue: @villa_woodbine
- Florals: @intrigue_designs student team led by @foreverbellefleur
- Hair and Makeup: @dollhausglam
- Stationery: @elephantlimbo
- Cake: @sweetcakesfl
- Rentals: @elementsandaccents
- Linens: @nuagedesignsinc
- Gown Designer: @dorasasu.official
- Colorful Gown: @styled.gowns
- Men’s Wear: @menguintux
- Ring Boxes: @lovelyringboxes
- Styling Mats: @theflatlaysstyler
- Models: @lexiannjohn @kashout_kev2 @haileymbarter